Calgary blogger Merry Kuchle is best known for her popular blog Merry with Children, but you’ll also find this social media nut and foodie sharing her favourites across social networks like Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest and Facebook. On her blog, Merry shares tasty recipes from her own kitchen, explores Calgary and chronicles her life as both mom and stepmom. She has worked extensively with brands to provide reviews, sponsored and guest posts. You may have even caught her in an occasional TV appearance! Merry has recently taken a step back from her work in sales and marketing in oil and gas to focus more on her writing and social media work, and to spend more time with her family.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand or community? Want an engaging guest for a TV spot? Click on any of the links below to learn more about Merry’s work and community involvement.
Connect with Merry on LinkedIn for more details, or email her to discuss potential projects at firstname.lastname@example.org
Media & accolades:
- Featured in 15 Amazing Moms to Follow on Pinterest by CanadianLiving.com, May 2013
- Featured in 10 Canadian Mom Bloggers We Love by Sheknows.ca, April 2012
- Featured as Foodie of the Week on Yummy Mummy Club, April 2012
- Voted one of Alberta’s Top 10 Best Mama Bloggers on Modernmama.com, September 2011
Projects & partners:
- Community Spokesperson – Superstore (Loblaw’s)
2012/13 Superstore (Loblaw’s) Holiday Insider’s Report Calgary spokesperson featured in a TV appearance on CTV (see clip below). The food segment featured President’s Choice products and all recipe selection, preparation, food styling was provided by Merry.
- Community Engagement Manager – Royal Canadian Circus through Splash Media:
Community manager for the Royal Canadian Circus prior to and during its 2013 run in Calgary, AB. Managed the Facebook page, Twitter account, developed website blog content and promoted community and blogger engagement.
- Ambassador – Adult Essentials Vitamins
Attended BlogWest 2012 and co-hosted blogger engagement dinner to drive brand awareness and future partnerships.
Links to TV appearances:
- CTV Morning Live Food Segment – It’s Super Bowl Time – Let’s Eat
- Breakfast TV Segment – Top 5 Tips for Starting a Blog
- Guest recipe blogger for Alberta Milk’s blog, Easytastyhealthy.ca. Latest blog post – Italian Sausage Baked Penne Supreme
- Royal Canadian Circus blog content generation. Example – Calgary is Loving the Affordable Family Fun of the Royal Canadian Circus
- Guest blogger on FamilyFunCalgary.com – The Calgary Stampede, A Family Affair
- Published article in Calgary’s Child Magazine – Dump the Dogs (Hot Dogs that is)…Easy and Healthy Camp Cooking
Samples of sponsored content on Merry with Children:
- Life Made Delicious (General Mills) Ambassador working through Mom Central Canada (Bimonthly, full year commitment). Sample post – Summer Time Means Salad Time
- Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese working through SheBlogs Media – Chocolate Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Chocolate Cream Cheese Blondies Recipe
- Nexus 7 Tablet Review for Staples.ca – Test Driving the Nexus 7 Tablet – 7 Reasons You Will Love It
- Walmart Frugal Heroes Challenge Shopping for Summer on $100
- Founded Calgary Bloggers Group in 2011 – Bringing Calgary bloggers together to build the blogger community and host professional development topics for bloggers of all experience levels. 189 members
- Organizing committee for Holipalooza 2011 – More info
- Organizing committee for Twestival for 2011 – More info