Robin from Farewell Stranger tagged me in a “Getting to Know You” post. After a full night of working late and a BlogWest twitter party, this was the perfect post for me tonight!
1. What’s your superpower?
Well, it depends on who you ask! If you ask Dewey, he would say that I am “Rules Girl! Here to enforce rules wherever she goes!” Yes, he says it often…can you tell? I would say my superpower is multitasking. I am a crazy multitasker!
2. What blog do you never miss? (And you can’t say mine because (a) that would be BS and (b) this is not me fishing for compliments.)
3. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
When I was younger, I wanted to go by my middle name, Elizabeth. These days, I’ve finally come to terms with my name. Yes, it’s weird and , yes, everyone spells it wrong. It is what it is. I just wish I was a bit more “merry” to go with my name.
4. Do you consider yourself a “blogger” or a “writer”?
I consider myself a blogger though I’m starting to change that. I love writing but I’ve never been one to write without a reason. I am going to change jobs to one with a huge technical writing component. Not sure that will improve my blog writing at all but one can hope!
5. What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
Hmmm….I can’t remember one huge failure. I feel like I fail in a million little days every day. One failure I think I have is that I didn’t try harder to figure out what I was passionate about in university. I chose a major that I knew I could get a good job in. Thankfully, I have figured ways to weave what I love into a career built on that degree.
6. What’s the most embarrassing song in your collection?
Anything by REO Speedwagon. I love them & their cheesy selves. Anytime they come up on my iPod Dewey laughs incessantly at me.
7. Are you shy?
Ummm…no. I am very outgoing in most situations. I’ve done lots of outside sales positions which would kill me if I were shy.
8. How do you prioritize yourself in your own life?
I don’t. Ok…I try to sometimes but it is hard. I work full time, have a son, two stepkids and a husband who works crazy amounts and is in a band. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that I should get to do what I want too. I’m getting better at it though.
9. Where do you stand on chocolate?
I like chocolate but I don’t lust after it like many people. I like sweets in general not just chocolate.
10. What’s your biggest source of inspiration (other than your family, etc.)?
These days it’s social media. When I see how many people I connect with every day from near and far I am amazed. It has helped me reinvent my career and meet people I never would have encountered otherwise.
11. What do you hope to do this year that you’re really excited about?
Some of the things I have on tap this year that I am super excited about are: Going to Disney World with the kids, going to Mexico on a couple trip with my husband, attending BlogWest and Real Growth Retreat for Women in Business …and that is just now through April! Crazy, huh? This year is going to be a great year of new beginnings for me.
Now it’s my turn to tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. I hope they will play along!
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged him/her.
- Shan at Tales From the Fairy Blogmother
- Marilyn at A Lot of Loves
- Jen at Family, Food, Fitness and Fun
- Sami Joe at Peek Thru Our Window
- Catherine at The Dabels Divulge
- Leslie at Ruff Rumminations
- Shash at Shasher’s Life
- April at Frugally Green Mom (did you know she’s my cousin? Yep!)
- Sarah at Mama Craft
- Yes I know that is only 9 but I’m getting sleepy…..if you read this & want to join…Yay! Leave a comment and let me know!
- What is the one thing you wish you were better at as a blogger?
- What is your favorite way to treat yourself/pamper yourself?
- Do you (or have you in the past) work outside the home? If so, what do you do?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could magically be anything you wanted to be (without needing additional education or childcare) what would you be?
- Do you like to travel? If so, what is your favorite destination?
- Are you an adventurous eater?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Have you ever met your online/blogger friends in real life? What was it like?
- Do you have a best friend? How long have you known them?
- Do you still live in the same town where you grew up?
Even if I didn’t tag you….feel free to participate! You can either write a blog post or just answer in the comments.