I know, I know…most of you that read my blog are not going to be at BlogHer. Wait….you don’t even know what that is? BlogHer is a superfantabulous (so I’ve been told) blogging conference that will be held in San Diego this year and. I’m. going!!!!!! Yep. I am super excited and here are some of the reasons why….
- Meet some of my best bloggy friends that I’ve never met in real life (IRL). These include (linking to their twitter profile which usually lists their blogs) my BlogHer roomie @ScatteredMom, @ALotofloves, @alexishinde, @mommy_pants, @Nicole013, @mellisarock and many more than I can list.
- Hopefully meet some blogging celebrities like the ladies behind 5 Minutes for Mom and Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project.
- Meet loads of bloggers who “get” why I do this crazy blogging thing. Yeah….I know you all read my blog but I also realize that many of you have no idea why I do it & would never dream of starting your own blog.
- Learning more about blogging. Amazingly enough….even though I’ve been blogging for over 5 years there are still so many things I could improve. There are so many sessions to choose…..from finding your voice to food photography.
- Meeting with brands. I would really like to do a few more product and company reviews on my blog (and maybe a giveaway or two for you). Hopefully I will get to meet with tons of new brands who will give me that opportunity.
- Take some time for ME. Lately things have been super hectic around our house mainly due to lots of things going on in Dewey’s schedule. Unfortunately that has left me feeling a bit overwhelmed and feeling like I don’t get any “me” time. BlogHer means 4 days of “me” time. Yay!
- Sleep through the night with no interuptions! Okay….so I will have a roomate at BlogHer but the first night she won’t be there soooooo I get the whole room to myself. No snoring! No toddler bed invasions! No “I NEED TO PEEEEEEEEE!” from Evan’s room. I won’t know what to do with myself!
- Explore San Diego. I’ve been there before but I love San Diego. I can’t wait to walk along the wharf.
- Get swag. Yes I love swag (samples) but I refuse to be a “swag hag” and walk all over god’s green acre to get it. I am going to a few different events but you will NOT see this girl throw elbows for a free sample. Will. Not. Happen.
- PARTY - Oh….did I forget to mention the parties? Oh yes! There are parties. Many are private, invite only affairs but there is a wonderful array of public, everyone is invited parties that I am super psyched about.
I have to remember to sleep on the plane on the way home because I have a feeling I will be tired after these 4 days!
Thank you for humouring me….I promise that it won’t be all BlogHer all the time for the next few weeks.